Thursday, June 7, 2007

Attempt to write a learning contract

My attempt to write a learning contract for myself was thwarted by technology. Every time I clicked on the attachment it flashed quickly and never materialized. Sooo I will have to write one without the help of the Learning Library template; however, I pretty much remember what the visual said so I think I can handle it without one.
Here is my contract: I intend to finish all 26 learning things. I intend to make a path toward my goal by doing one a week. I intend to ask Patty, Lara, Irene and Cathy for help when I need it. I will need an ipod and a digital camera at some point in the learning process and I don't intend to spend my own money buying either sooo I will have to borrow one from the system?!!!
I have a computer at work. The main obstacle in my way to reaching my goal is TIME! Will Harford County Public Library give me enough time to learn these new tasks? We will see.

Of the seven learning things. I think the easiest thing is setting a goal. The hardest thing for me is using all the technology that might help me to reach it because I either 1. don't know how to use the technology. 2. I don't have time to learn it. 3. prefer a more tactile style of operating 4. I'm not a sedentary person so don't really like to spend hours in front of a computer. Those are the things that prevent me from becoming a techno wizard. Ha! However, I am a lifelong learner. Who isn't?! Anyone who is curious and observant, anyone who has to adapt to change which basically encompasses anyone who wants to survive in this world is a lifelong learner. We all have preferences in regard to what we like to learn. Preferences may differ from those things that life requires us to learn; therefore it would follow that the motives for learning vary.

No comments: