Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Audiobooks

I took a look at the sites and chose to download The Crossing by Howard Fast from Netlibrary. It took 20 minutes to install a mediaplayer and get a license. I listened to the beginning of the book and took note of where I could download it to a cd. The cd might be more pracitcal for my use. Another option would be to download it to a portable device (if I had one) and listen to it that way. About the only time I would listen to an audiobook would be in the car. I wouldn't listen to one on my computer because I use my computer primarily at work and that's it. I never take an audiobook when I'm hiking or walking because I prefer to listen to the sounds around me. In the car I like to deaden the noise of the traffic. I believe there is a portable device that lets you listen to music, and I assume a book on cd under water while you are swimming laps. I hear it's very expensive $300+. Now that might be nice to have on days when you didn't feel like swimming, but knew you would put in the laps anyway.

No comments: