Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summing It Up

I found some things applicable to my life and some not. Flickr might be something I might use; whereas, I highly doubt if I'll ever produce a podcast. I thought the Avatar's and Meez were like playing with electronic paper dolls. YouTube was a fun site, but since I use my computer almost strictly for work I probably wouldn't use YouTube. Librarything was great. I liked the reviews from ordinary people and found many titles I'm interested in reading. I thought it was a good way to keep track of books you've read and the books you want to read in the future. It also could be used as a reader's advisory tool. The idea of keeping favorite web sites in one place on Rollyo makes for a more efficient use of time and it could be a beneficial tool for researching a subject or writing a paper. Techorati (blogger's paradise) is suitable for exploration of people's opinions. Sometimes that's what you want rather than an authority that has a sponsor. The online productivity tools are wonderful. I could see using one of these to write down brainstorming ideas for the WRP. Anyone on the committee could add ideas as they pop up. To be able to write your own book! Wow! I know some patrons in Havre de Grace who would be drooling if they knew about this. The blog itself was a nice organizational device for all the things we've learned. I like the links on my blog. They make it much easier to access all the various sites we've been exploring. Overall I've learned a lot and feel I've made progress in entering the technological world.

1 comment:

HCPL Techincal Trainer said...

Congrats on finishing.

Could you answer the six questions on the 23rd thing in your blog? I would be interested in seeing what you have to say.